Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Speaking at Queen's GAP

I was invited to give a talk as part of the Queen's School of Geography, Archaeology, and Paleoecology Seminar Series at Queen's at the end of January (http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/gap/). As the name implies, this School, and its seminar series, is pretty diverse. My seminar was part of the Environmental Change cluster. I have met some of the people in this cluster during the past 6 months, but certainly not all of them. They seem like a dynamic and friendly group of people. Before the talk, there were sandwiches, cookies, and tea/coffee for everyone. What a lovely tradition!


My talk, titled "Increasing understanding of environmental change: Quantifying multi-scaled relationships between terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems" was in the Elmwood Building, next door to the building my office is in. My talk was well-attended and well-received by a mixture of students and staff. I had a lot of interesting questions after the talk and look forward to interacting with people from this cluster for the next 6 months.

Special thanks to Dr. Paula Reimer for hosting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment